Heating System for Bag-in-Box IBC Containers
The TPS Unifold liner Heating System is designed to raise and maintain the temperature of the contents of the liner to an accurate and consistent level during discharge. This system can help save costs by eliminating the need to maintain hot room temperatures.
The TPS Unifold heating system consists of two main components - a silicone rubber heater mat and an electronic temperature control system. Simply plug in the container on arrival at its destination and set the control to the correct temperature level.
A temperature sensor placed close to the surface of the mat measures the temperature of the surface which is in contact with the inner liner and, consequently, the product. Both the heater mat and the control unit are CE marked. A bracket on the back of the control box lets the unit fit on the top edge of the container for easy viewing.
We also provide a heater mat that includes an inbuilt thermostat set to a maximum temperature of 122 degrees F. This lets you use the system without adding a temperature control unit, and it works well with products that do not require a variable temperature control.
Heater Mat Specification
- Rating: 230V / 2700W
- Element wire: 80/20 Ni/Cr resistance wire
- Insulation: High temperature silicone impregnated glass cloth. Fully post cured.
- Temp. Sensor: Silicone PTC1000 (1000W @ 25°C)
- Cable: 1.5 mm 24-core copper conductors, PVC insulated and sheathed. Current rating: 16 amps. Operating temperature range: -5° to +70°C
- Cable plug: 4-pole touch-safe plug. Contacts: Gold plated rated 240 volt 20 amps. Operating temperature range: -4° to -176° F (-20° to -80° C)
- Weight: 6.2 Lbs (2.8 kg)
- Measurement: L x W: 40.75 in. x 33.5 in. (103.5 x 85.1 cm)
Temperature Control Specification
- Enclosure: Polycarbonate IP65 marked with transparent polycarbonate hinged lid
- Controller: MTC271/2 electronic controller with adjustable set point. Range: 32° to 194° F (0° to +90°C), Voltage rating: 230V AC 50/60 Hz, Operating temperature range: 14° to 140° F (-10° to 60°C), Accuracy: +/- 1°C
- R.C.D.: Voltage rating: 230 V AC, Contact rating: 25A, Trip current: 30 milli-amps, Trip time: 40 milli-seconds
- Relay: Voltage rating: 240 V AC, Contact arrangement: Normally Open, Contact rating: 30 amps, Electrical life: 100,000 operations, Operating temperature range: -67° to 185° F (-55° to +85°C)
- Weight: 3.2 Lbs (1.413 kg)
- Box dimensions: HxWxD: 6.7 in.x 5.3 in.x 4.2 in.(17.0x13.4x10.5cm)